Photobucket

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

On The Menu: Meatloaf

I used to think meatloaf was the most disgusting dishes out there. The turnaround came when I was extremely hungry one night and that was for dinner. Tough love for Lauren. I ate the meatloaf. Much to my surprise, I LOVED it. 


When I moved to AL I knew I would be trying some new cuisine and when Meatloaf was on the menu I was a bit apprehensive. I only liked Mom's meatloaf. Once again it was eat it or eat nothing. Two for two, I loved it. 

My mom's recipe is a little more difficult, not much but it calls for beef and pork sausage and is a LOT of meatloaf. This is perfect for two (if you have a hungry other half) and only calls for ground beef.









Ingredients:
1 1/2 lb ground beef
about 1/4 green pepper
about 1/4 cup onion
1 egg
2 Slices of bread (crumbed/ripped to pieces)
salt and pepper
1/4 cup ketchup

Mix all ingredients together. Bake in greased dish at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour. Pour off excess juices cooked from meatloaf. When ten minutes remain top with ketchup. Serve with whatever you want. 

*you know how I love to cook add more or less or whatever YOU want*



Eat. Eat. Eat. Enjoy!

1 comment: